Public Health has announced 14 new cases of COVID-19. Two of the new cases are in Avignon MRC, four in Bonaventure MRC, five in Rocher-Percé and three in Côte-de-Gaspé.
Public Health states that the difference between provincial and regional statistics can be explained by the rapidly changing situation and that adjustments will be made over the next few days.
CHSLD in Maria (Residence Saint-Joseph)
The number of cases among residents at Saint-Joseph is 24 (stable). Twenty-two (stable) staff members at the Maria CHSLD (government owed long-term care facility) have tested positive for COVID-19. Eight (stable) individuals from the Residence Saint-Joseph have passed away as a result of COVID-19.
That CHSLD houses 91 residents and nearly 130 employees work there.
Lady Maria (RPA – Private Seniors’ Residence) outbreak
Forty residents (stable), and nine (stable) employees at Lady Maria have tested positive for COVID-19.
The Lady Maria residence is home to 130 individuals and nearly 45 employees work there.
CHSLD New Carlisle
According to the CISSS there is a COVID-19 outbreak at CHSLD in New Carlisle. Five employees and less than five patients are affected by this outbreak. All residents and the majority of employees have been screened. For prevention, all residents are in isolation in their rooms, all employees continue to wear personal protective equipment.
This residence houses 66 residents and employs 118 people.
Maria Hospital outbreak
According to the CISSS there is currently a COVID-19 outbreak at Maria Hospital. Five employees have tested positive and, so far, no patients are involved in the outbreak.
Updated List – Réné-Levesque School Service Centre
The Réné-Levesque School Service Centre has confirmed thirty (+6) cases. Three classrooms have been quarantined.
The educational facilities with positives cases are:
- École des Audomarois, Saint-Omer (2 cases)
- École Bourg, Carleton-sur-Mer (3 cases – 1 class)
- École Antoine-Bernard, Carleton-sur-Mer (1 case)
- CFP L’Envol, Carleton-sur-Mer (5 cases)
- CFP Chandler-Bonaventure, Bonaventure (1 case)
- École La Source, Paspébiac (5 cases)
- École polyvalente de Paspébiac (1 case)
- École Le Phare, Port-Daniel (11 cases – 2 classes)
- École polyvalente Mgr Sévigny, Chandler (1 case)
The total number of COVID-19 cases in the Gaspé Peninsula and Magdalen Islands is now 662 (+14). Presently, 406 (+25) individuals have recovered. There are 234 (-13) active cases in the region. The total number of deaths is 22 (+2). There are currently nine (+2) individuals hospitalized.
Regional: MRC of Residence
|MRC / living environment||Confirmed cases||Since Sept. 1||Active Cases||Rate/ 100000 since Sept. 1|
– Seniors’ res.
|Gaspé Peninsula Magdalen Islands||662||448||234||259.8|
Source: Gaspé Peninsula Public Health Board. n.d.: not disclosed when less than 5 for privacy reasons
The Gaspé Peninsula and Magdalen Islands region is at Alert Level 3 – Orange, with the exception of the following three municipalities: Maria, Carleton-sur-Mer and Nouvelle, which are at Alert Level 4 – Red.
Please consult previous posts for measures related to each Alert Level.
It was not possible to make an appointment for the seasonal flu vaccination today. This was due to technical upgrades on the Clicsanté website. Appointment booking has been postponed to Monday, October 19.
The CISSS says “considering the current context, making an appointment will be mandatory for people who wish to obtain a vaccination during a vaccination clinic. In addition, it will now be possible for the population to request a vaccination during their medical appointment or during a consultation at an emergency department. This new possibility will reduce the number of visitors to vaccination clinics.”
Starting October 19, those interested will be able to make an appointment via http://www.clicsante.ca or by phone at 1-844 689-1202. Vaccinations are strongly recommended for people who are at greater risk of developing complications:
- people of 6 months and over affected by certain chronic diseases;
- pregnant women in the 2nd or 3rd trimesters of their pregnancy;
- people aged 75 and over.
In order to reduce the risk of transmission, vaccinations are also offered free of charge:
- to relatives who live under the same roof as a child under 6 months of age or a person at high risk of hospitalization or death, as well as their caregivers;
- healthcare workers, especially those who provide direct patient care.
The totals for the province are as follows:
|89,963 (+969)||6004 (*+28)||493 (+5)||83 (+3)|
* Eight deaths occurred in the last 24 hours, twenty of the deaths occurred between October 8 and October 13 and two prior to October 8. Two deaths were removed, it was determined they were not COVID-19-related.