A Mother’s Day message from Public Health
The Gaspé Peninsula Magdalen Islands Public Health Department is appealing to Gaspesians to be prudent when it comes to celebrating Mother’s Day this weekend. A press release from Public Health states that although “we are in the yellow zone and things are going well, it remains important to respect the health rules put in place.” Gaspesians are being asked to wear a mask, maintain two metres of physical distance and wash hands regularly. In addition, gatherings are limited to people from two households. “We would like to remind you that the risk of slackening can lead to unfortunate epidemiological consequences in the region,” says the press release. “So the best gift you can give your mother is first and foremost to protect her health, so that you can live many Mother’s Days with her again.
Let’s play by the rules and everything will be fine.”
The following is the vaccination schedule per age group. To book an appointment click here, there are currently many availabilities in the region.
- People 16+ who have a chronic health condition included in this list.
- People 16+ who have a physical or intellectual disability.
- Essential workers deemed at high risk of contagion (school staff, public safety workers, community organizations PSOC and summer camp staff.
- Health and social service workers
- Pregnant women
- 35 and up – Current
- 30 and up – May 10
- 25 and up – May 12
- 18 and up – May 14
Proof of vaccination: Starting next Thursday, those who have had at least one vaccination will be asked by email if they’d like to receive an electronic QR Code proof by email. Those being vaccinated will also continue to receive a paper copy of proof of vaccination.
Vaccinating teenagers: The Quebec Government stated in today’s press conference that Health Canada has approved the Pfizer vaccine for teens 12 and up and that Quebec will go forward with vaccinations for 12 to 17 year. More details are not yet available on the subjet.
Sanitary Measures Reminder
For the time-being the Gaspé Peninsula remains at Alert Level 2 – Yellow. Some of the main measures in place for yellow zones are:
- No curfew
- Those living in Red and Orange zones may not visit a yellow zone (except for essential travel).
- A person living in a yellow zone who travels to a region that is red, orange or to the Abitibi-Témiscamingue or Côte-Nord regions for a reason other than essential travel.
- Private residence indoor/outdoor gatherings (limited to occupants of two homes, a person providing support or care, labour for planned work).
- Demonstrations are permitted (masks must be worn).
- Places of worship (250 people, social distancing, and masks must be worn).
- Weddings and funerals in places of worship (limited to 50 people).
- Restaurants – people from a max. of two households may share a table.
- Bars – 50% capacity, people from a max. of two households may share a table, dancing and singing prohibited, must close by midnight.
- Sports and Rec – Permitted in outdoor public spaces for individuals, groups of 2, members of the same household or up to 12 people from different households plus a supervisor.
- Businesses and shops – It is recommended one person per household, restrictions on the number of people allowed to enter at a time.
- Spas – Open but reservation is needed
- Personal and esthetic care – Open
- Private professional and health services – Open only for services that require an individual’s presence.
- Community organizations – In-person activities are permitted (must wear a mask and social distance.
Essential Travel = Work, education, humanitarian purposes, to obtain or provide health care or services, to comply with a judgment or to appear before a court or to exercise parental custody or access rights, must self-isolate for 14 days when they return).
|Total cases||New Cases||Variant Cases||Active Cases|
|Recovered Cases||Current Hosp.||Total Hosp.||Deaths|
|MRC||Cases since March 2020||Rate per 1000||Active Cases|
|Total cases||New Cases||Recovered Cases||Deaths|
|574 (-6)||139 (-5)||4,110,859||3,550,899|