The Public Health Board has announced two new cases in the Côte-de-Gaspé (one of the cases is a result of family transmission). The regional total is now 184.
The number of deaths is stable at 8. The number of recovered individuals is stable at 161. There is one additional case in the health sector bringing the total to 46, 18 of which are CISSS employees.
The breakdown of the 184 cases by health region (containing a hospital) is as follows:
- Bay of Chaleur sector – 133 (stable)
- Rocher-Percé sector – 29 (stable)
- Magdalen Islands – 9 (stable)
- Côte-de-Gaspé – 11 (an increase of 2)
- Haute-Gaspésie – 2 (stable)
Regional: Global Portrait of the Situation
|Total confirmed cases||Current|
Regional: MRC of Residence of the Cases
|MRC / living environment||Confirmed cases||Rate per 100,000||Active cases|
– Manoir du havre
– Residence Saint Joseph
|Gaspé Peninsula Magdalen Isands||184||204.3||15 (8.2%)|
Source: Gaspé Peninsula Public Health Board
The totals for the province are as follows:
- 4439 – deaths (an increase of 76)
- 50,651 – positive cases (an increase of 419)
- 1197 – total hospitalizations (a decrease of 68)
- 167 – people in intensive care (a decrease of 5)
*As of May 19, the number of cured patients who are still hospitalized because they are waiting to be transferred will be excluded from the total number of hospitalizations. With the withdrawal of these patients, there is a significant decrease in the number of regular hospitalizations, but no decrease in the number of intensive care hospitalizations.