The vaccination campaign in the region is underway. The current priority group is those aged 75 or older. At the end of this post you will find information about how to make an appointment and what you will need the day of your vaccination.
Vaccination Appointment Dates Available for ages 75 or more and their caregivers who are 70 or more
- Bonaventure – Complexe recreatif Desjardins – No dates available
- Grande-Riviere – Complexe sportif Desjardins – No dates available
- Maria – Centre communautaire Maria – March 27 and March 28
- Gaspé – Centre d’hebergement MGR Ross – No dates available
- Gaspé – Centre communautaire Nation Micmac de Gespeg – No dates available
- Sainte-Anne-des Monts – Magasin Hart – March 25 and March 26
Seven new cases of COVID were confirmed today in the Gaspé Peninsula and Magdalen Islands. Four cases are located in Rocher-Percé and three in Côte-de-Gaspé MRC.
- Total cases: 1,732
- Total new cases: +7
- Active cases: 16
- Recovered cases: 1,670
- Total deaths: 46
- Total hospitalizations: 126
- Current hospitalizations: 0
- Total cases: 293,860
- Total new cases: 650
- Recovered cases: 276,602
- Total deaths: 10,493
- New deaths: +12
- Current hospitalizations: 576
- New hospitalizations: -14
- Total individuals in ICU: 110
- New individuals in ICU: +2
- Total vaccinations administered: 581,028
To make an appointment online these are the steps to follow
- Go to https://portal3.clicsante.ca/ (Select Covid-19 vaccine, enter your postal code and click search)
- You will be directed to a new page/tab, browse the options and choose the location nearest you.
- A window will pop up reminding you of the current priority group click to “close” the window
- Answer the questions and click continue.
- You will now be directed to a calendar. Click on the date in which you would like to have your vaccination. If the calendar is blank or if it says “full” is means there are no availabilities for that location. Try another location or check back regularly as new dates will become available.
- Next you will have to complete a form and will need an email address and your medicare card number.
- A caregiver can get vaccinated on the same day as you if they are 70 years of age or older, and provide support, three days a week or more, to their loved one who is over 80 years old. Only one accompanying person can get vaccinated per person in the priority group. Remember to register your caregiver after you make your appointment. Regardless of the time selected for their appointment, they will be able to get vaccinated at the same time as you.
If you are unable to make an appointment online or need assistance call 1-877-644-4545 (toll-free line) between 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday to Friday or 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Saturday and Sunday.
When you go to your vaccination appointment
- Arrive 5 minutes early
- If possible bring your medicare card
- Bring a copy of your list of medications