The Public Health Board is reporting one new case, bringing the regional total to 180. The new case hasn’t been linked to any known clusters.
One additional person has been hospitalized. There are currently three individuals being cared for at a designated hospital outside the region, including two people in intensive care.
The breakdown of the 180 cases by health region (containing a hospital) is as follows:
- Bay of Chaleur sector – 133 (an increase of one)
- Rocher-Percé sector – 29 (stable)
- Magdalen Islands – 9 (stable)
- Côte-de-Gaspé – 7 (stable)
- Haute-Gaspésie – 2 (stable)
The totals for the province are as follows:
- 3984 – deaths (an increase of 44)
- 47,411 – positive cases (an increase of 573)
- 1435 – total hospitalizations (a decrease of 17)
- 170 – people in intensive care (a decrease of 3)
*As of May 19, the number of cured patients who are still hospitalized because they are waiting to be transferred will be excluded from the total number of hospitalizations. With the withdrawal of these patients, there is a significant decrease in the number of regular hospitalizations, but no decrea