The Public Health Board is reporting one new case, bringing the regional total to 179. The origin of the new case is still under investigation.
The breakdown of the 179 cases by health region (containing a hospital) is as follows:
- Bay of Chaleur sector – 132 (an increase of one)
- Rocher-Percé sector – 29 (stable)
- Magdalen Islands – 9 (stable)
- Côte-de-Gaspé – 7 (stable)
- Haute-Gaspésie – 2 (stable)
The totals for the province are as follows:
- 3940 – deaths (an increase of 75)
- 46,838 – positive cases (an increase of 697)
- 1452 – total hospitalizations (a decrease of 27)
- 167 – people in intensive care (a decrease of 4)
*As of May 19, the number of cured patients who are still hospitalized because they are waiting to be transferred will be excluded from the total number of hospitalizations. With the withdrawal of these patients, there is a significant decrease in the number of regular hospitalizations, but no decrease in the number of intensive care hospitalizations.