CARLETON – The Public Health Board of the Gaspé Peninsula and Magdalen Islands is reporting one new case of COVID-19, which brings the regional total to 174.
The case occurred in the MRC of Bonaventure and it is the 51st case in that area. The new case is still under investigation and hasn’t been linked to a specific outbreak yet.
There are no new COVID-19 casualties in the region, the total so far is 8. One additional person has recovered, for a total or 141. Sixteen people from the region have been hospitalized since the beginning of the pandemic, with one person still in the intensive care unit at Rimouski hospital. The number of health sector employees infected with COVID-19 is stable at 43, including 16 CISSS employees.
The breakdown of the 174 cases by health region (containing a hospital) is as follows:
- Bay of Chaleur sector – 131 (an increase of 1)
- Rocher-Percé sector – 27 (stable)
- Magdalen Islands – 9 (stable)
- Côte-de-Gaspé – 5 (stable)
- Haute-Gaspésie – 2 (stable)
The totals for the province are as follows:
- 3351 – deaths (an increase of 131)
- 40,724 – positive cases (an increase of 793)
- 1834 – total hospitalizations (a decrease of 42)
- 190 – people in intensive care (a decrease of 8)