The Public Health Board is reporting two new cases of COVID-19, bringing the total number of cases in the region to 177. One of the new cases involves a student from the Bon-Pasteur school in Ste-Thérèse.
There are no new deaths, the regional total is stable at 8.
149 individuals have recovered from COVID-19 in the region.
Currently there are two individuals from the region receiving care in a designated hospital, this includes one person who is in intensive care.
The breakdown of the 177 cases by health region (containing a hospital) is as follows:
- Bay of Chaleur sector – 131 (stable)
- Rocher-Percé sector – 29 (an increase of 2)
- Magdalen Islands – 9 (stable)
- Côte-de-Gaspé – 6 (stable)
- Haute-Gaspésie – 2 (stable)
The totals for the province are as follows:
- 3800 – deaths (an increase of 82)
- 45,495 – positive cases (an increase of 720)
- 1504 – total hospitalizations (a decrease of 12)
- 176 – people in intensive care (a decrease of 7)
*As of May 19, the number of cured patients who are still hospitalized because they are waiting to be transferred will be excluded from the total number of hospitalizations. With the withdrawal of these patients, there is a significant decrease in the number of regular hospitalizations, but no decrease in the number of intensive care hospitalizations.