The Public Health Board is reporting two new cases, bringing the regional total to 182. The two new cases are not linked to an existing cluster (that’s to say not linked to the Mgr Ross case).
The breakdown of the 182 cases by health region (containing a hospital) is as follows:
- Bay of Chaleur sector – 133 (stable)
- Rocher-Percé sector – 29 (stable)
- Magdalen Islands – 9 (stable)
- Côte-de-Gaspé – 9 (an increase of two)
- Haute-Gaspésie – 2 (stable)
The totals for the province are as follows:
- 4069 – deaths (an increase of 85)
- 47,984 – positive cases (an increase of 573)
- 1425 – total hospitalizations (a decrease of 10)
- 179 – people in intensive care (an increase of 9)
*As of May 19, the number of cured patients who are still hospitalized because they are waiting to be transferred will be excluded from the total number of hospitalizations. With the withdrawal of these patients, there is a significant decrease in the number of regular hospitalizations, but no decrease in the number of intensive care hospitalizations.