The vaccination campaign in the region is underway. The current priority group is those aged 65 or older. At the end of this post you will find information about how to make an appointment and what you will need the day of your vaccination.
Although the age group for vaccinations has decreased, there are still many seniors in priority groups that haven’t been successful in obtaining appointments. Many of those seniors were put on waiting lists after calling the vaccination assistance phone number.
Spec journalist Gilles Gagné asked Public Health to explain why younger people are being added to the list when so many seniors still haven’t been able to secure a vaccination appointment.
Jean Morin, the spokesperson of the Public Health Board clarifies the situation by saying “normally, even if we still vaccinate people aged 70 or more, we would gradually open the vaccination schedule for the people aged 65 and more. The word gradually is important here because we must make sure that vulnerable people and people aged 70 and more have all received their first vaccine before greeting the 65 and over. Simply put, the people aged 70 plus will be prioritized.”
Vaccination Appointment Dates Available for ages 65
- Port-Daniel Gascsons – Centre municipale – No dates available
- Bonaventure – Complexe recreatif Desjardins – No dates available
- Grande-Riviere – Complexe sportif Desjardins – No dates available
- Maria – Centre communautaire Maria – No dates available
- St-Georges-de-Malbaie – Centre communautaire – No dates available
- Gaspé – Centre d’hebergement MGR Ross – No dates available
- Gaspé – Centre communautaire Nation Micmac de Gespeg – No dates available
- Sainte-Anne-des Monts – Magasin Hart – No dates available
On March 26 The Gaspé Peninsula and Magdalen Islands region will change to Alert Level 2 – Yellow. With the change in alert level the following restrictions will apply:
- travel between regions not recommended
- no curfew
- private gatherings – two households
- public gatherings – two households, exception for funerals (50 people) no food or alcohol may be served
- Religious gatherings 250 people (weddings and funerals 50 people)
- restaurants – people from two households may sit at the same table (you must have id to prove you live in that region where the restaurant is located)
- bars – open (details available soon)
- community organizations – max 25 participants
The Gaspé Peninsula and Magdalen Islands is experiencing a break in cases today, as no new cases were announced by Public Health. Unfortunately, two new hospitalizations were announced today. There were 3 new cases of COVID on Wednesday (Avignon +1 and Côte-de-Gaspé +2) and 4 on Thursday (Rocher-Percé +1, Côte-de-Gaspé +1 and Haute-Gaspésie +2).
- Total cases: 1,753
- Total new cases: 0
- Active cases: 14
- Avignon – <5
- Rocher-Percé – <5
- Côte-de-Gaspé – 6
- Haute-Gaspésie – 5
- Recovered cases: 1,693
- Total deaths: 46
- Total hospitalizations: 128
- Current hospitalizations: +2
- Total cases: 300,916
- Total new cases: 764
- Recovered cases: 283,478
- Total deaths: 10,587
- New deaths: +11
- Current hospitalizations: 504
- New hospitalizations: -15
- Total individuals in ICU: 99
- New individuals in ICU: -2
- Total vaccinations administered: 872,459
To make an appointment online these are the steps to follow
- Go to https://portal3.clicsante.ca/ (Select Covid-19 vaccine, enter your postal code and click search)
- You will be directed to a new page/tab, browse the options and choose the location nearest you.
- A window will pop up reminding you of the current priority group click to “close” the window
- Answer the questions and click continue.
- You will now be directed to a calendar. Click on the date in which you would like to have your vaccination. If the calendar is blank or if it says “full” is means there are no availabilities for that location. Try another location or check back regularly as new dates will become available. *Please be careful, sometimes locations in Montreal are accidentally listed under our region.
- Next you will have to complete a form and will need an email address and your medicare card number.
If you are unable to make an appointment online or need assistance call 1-877-644-4545 (toll-free line) between 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday to Friday or 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Saturday and Sunday.
When you go to your vaccination appointment
- Arrive 5 minutes early
- If possible bring your medicare card
- Bring a copy of your list of medications